Hey, my name is Alex and this is my piece of the internet's real estate.
I mostly write and talk about social media, content creation and marketing.
My goal is to help as many creators and entrepreneurs as possible leverage social media content so that they can grow their brand, audience, or business.
A bit about me. Open each toggle for more!
- I was born in Mallorca, an island located on Spain's eastern coast.
- Grew up there, developed an early interest in multimedia stuff (TV shows, movies, videogames, etc).
- Played violin from 5 to 11.
- Discovered basketball at 11 and dropped music school.
- Moved to Valencia for college.
- Studied Audiovisual Communication, which is a mix of TV, cinema and radio studies.
- Yes, it was very cold. Yes, I did meet Santa Claus. No, I can't make him give you more presents this year.
- Worked on a game development program where I managed marketing and communications.
- Studied a Masters in Advertising and Communication.
- Got my first intership as a community manager
- Worked as a CM for a small advertising agency
- Learned the ins and outs of social media marketing
- Started getting into blog writing
- Transitioned Digital Account Manager for bigger brands
- Worked with all types of clients, from big corporations like Amazon to small creators with less than 1,000 subscribers.
- Moved to VICE MEDIA to work on their advertising vertical.
- Pandemic comes, bosses decided to close the regional Spanish office.
- Got fired after 4 months in my new role.
- I decide it's time to start my own thing: log back in on Twitter and start to grow a personal brand.
- Sign my first clients as a freelance while
- I continue producing content, making products, and living life.
- Adopted this mixed race puppy named Moca
- Social Media: how people and brands use it to communicate.
- Content: the different formats on how stories are told.
- Strategy: how good planning leads to great results.
- Reading, YouTube and podcasting: my three favorite ways of information consumption.
- Basketball: been playing since a kid. I follow the NBA daily.
- Videogames: how I unplug my mind after a day's work.
What I'm doing now
I'm currently 50% creator, 50% freelance.
Besides my freelance work, I also:
- Create daily content on Twitter
- Write The Steal Club newsletter
- And create digital products